[lazarus] On my way to compile lazarus

Peter Vreman pfvreman at wins.uva.nl
Thu Jul 15 06:56:36 EDT 1999

> Still no luck to compile the compiler, needed to compile lazarus.
>
> . I downloaded the Howto
> . Took the latest CVS versions
> . Unziped on linux option -a this gets rid of the CR/LF problem I had
> yesterday.
> . went to /opt/fpc/copmpiler as suggested in the Howto
> . made a make cycle. My current compiler version is 0.99.12.
> the cycle went through building 0.99.12a and 0.99.13 (as seen on the
> banners of the compiler)
> but on Cycle 3 I receive the following
> Make[3] (compiling pp.pas)
> text.inc (100,1) invalid PPU_file entry : 14
maybe you can try 'make cycle RELEASE=1' this won't read your ppc386.cfg

And to your ppc386.cfg you need to add:

#ifdef VER0_99_13

-Fu/opt/fpc/rtl/$TARGET
-Fu/opt/fpc/fcl/$TARGET
-Fu/opt/fpc/gtk

#else

 <here will get all the old -Fu -Fo etc. commands from the already
installed ppc386.cfg>

#endif

> So I decide to go in the fcl directory and attemps a make ALL
> it ended up with an internal error 9999 compiling ../xml/xmlread.pp @
> line (24,18) of dom.pp
You need to have 0.99.13 working correctly before you can compile it.

Peter