[RE: [lazarus] Components:]

Baeseman, Cliff Cliff.Baeseman at greenheck.com
Thu Jul 15 09:53:43 EDT 1999

Canvas and Rectangle is the first thing that I need. The scribble example
would probably be a great help because it does exactly that.

I am currently working on the TScrollBar component I am making it function
as much like delphi as I possibly can which is 100 percent.

One of the problems I ran into last night but have not tracked down the
problem is that
say for instance I add a control to the parent in say the Show event. This
is necessary for scrollbars where I need to set the scrollbar Kind property
before creating the widget. In other words I store a pointer to the parent
and then in show I call add control. I was getting widget assert error from
gtk on the fixed widget. It is sort of like the widget pointer is trying to
be applied to the grid before I call add control.

I take a little time and update the website this evening. I need to post
some win32 how-to documents anyhow.

Cliff