[lazarus] Colorizer/Editor

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Thu Jul 15 10:43:37 EDT 1999

I looked at KCL.  Though it seems like a nice editor, the code is not compatable with ours so obviously I need to change some stuff.  But it looks nice and I wasn't expecting to be able to just coipy any code into ours and have it work.

Let me ask this question and see what you folks think:

Is it best to use a scollbox or scrollwindow with a paintbox on top of it as the editor instead of a memo or something like that?  That's what it looks like KCL used and I see their reasons for it.
I was going to use the gtkscrollwindow widget and gtkdrawing widget as the editor and place a gray rectangle to the left of it.

Thoughts?
Shane