[RE: [lazarus] Components:]

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Fri Jul 16 08:39:29 EDT 1999

P Jean dit Bailleul wrote:

> My code support OS2 and Windows 4, 8, 16 and 24 bits bitmaps either
> grayscaled or color. I'm still having troubles with palettes. Since
> the code will be in the Lazarus, it will *just* require a
> recompilation to run under any platform.
>
> Using imlib will require adaptation from platform to platform, And i
> don't know GTK (and haven't planed to learn GTK soon).
>
> Cliff or Micheal, what are you choosing?

I perfer that it be native to FPC and not be dependent on the API. As
you stated this will allow for cross platform use without many
modifications of the FLC or class libraries. I have also done alot of
work in the past with BMP and PCX and neither are very complicated. I
have also done a little bit with PNG. I think it will make the product
more attractive to not require a specific API or library.