[RE: [lazarus] Components:]

Stefan Hille stoppok at osibisa.ms.sub.org
Fri Jul 16 14:07:09 EDT 1999

Hi!

On Fri, Jul 16, 1999 at 08:21:38AM -0400, P Jean dit Bailleul wrote:
> At 23:49 15/07/99 +0200, you wrote:

> >>If you could turn it into Pascal code that would be great.
> >
> >Why don't we add a possibility with using (gdk_)imlib under linux? That
> >will allow a lot of bitmap types and even caching of them.
>
> My code support OS2 and Windows 4, 8, 16 and 24 bits bitmaps either
> grayscaled or color. I'm still having troubles with palettes. Since the
> code will be in the Lazarus, it will *just* require a recompilation to run
> under any platform.

I've already ported something similar to pascal, maybe you can use it if
you've problems with your code. The base for my port was an article in the
DDJ some years ago, it can also read OS/2 and Win bitmaps with different
color depths.

I can send you the code or integrate it myself. I've been quite busy
during the week but I think I can do it until Monday morning.

bye,

  Stefan
Stefan Hille          email: stoppok at osibisa.ms.sub.org
48155 Muenster	      voice: 0251/664695