[lazarus] Few questions

Michal Bukovjan praguesoft at mbox.vol.cz
Sat Jul 17 12:42:15 EDT 1999

Ok, I started to look at the code, but stumbled upon few questions.

1. Is the primary goal to have a control set for GTK?

I know there was a discussion on the list about this issue. However, as
I look for example at TComboBox class, there are some GTK specific
calls. So if I modify/create a component (using GTK) is it OK to use
these GTK-specific calls? This way, I am not sure how to switch to Qt
later (through conditional defines perhaps ?).

2. Since my short example application (plain form showing) was not
exiting graciously, I modified the forms.pp unit to resolve the problem.
To whom should I submit the changes?

3. About resizing controls - the one who does this should look at Delphi
4 Anchors property. This is a great timesaver, and I think the TControl
should not miss this one. The Anchors property renders the Align
property obsolete, the Align property could be there for backward Delphi
compatibility only.

Enough for now,

Michal