[lazarus] web updated and the cvs updates

Curtis White osiriz at teleport.com
Mon Jul 19 22:32:22 EDT 1999

Cliff,

I am still working on the Simple IDE. I was really confused with its code and
was struggling to get things fixed with the original, so I have basically
rewritten it. I used Glade to design it and output C source code. Then I
converted the C code to Pascal. I also have a pretty nice Compiler Options
dialog working for it.  I have almost everything working except the syntax
highlighting, find/replace and compile.

I found a pretty nice LGPL Pascal lexical parser and just got it compiled
and working today. So I was going to plug it into the new Simple IDE and get the
syntax highlighting going. Then I was going to add the compiler and
find/replace. So it is actually pretty close to working now. But the whole
thing is just straight GTK code and like the original, very procedural.

But it sounds by this message that maybe I should give up on the Simple IDE and
concentrate on helping you all with building components. I can do that if you
all want me to. I am willing to work on whatever is most helpful to everyone.

Should I finish the Simple IDE, or should I start helping build some of the
components?

Curtis

On 19-Jul-99 Cliff Baeseman wrote:
> Jeff the tabbed deal you see on the web site was a pure gtk direct coded
> fron end that myself and Curtis was working on until the component tree was
> finished by shane and michael. The intent was to provide the linux guys with
> a simple ide to work from.
>
> We have since jumped back into the component source again to speed along
> that development. If you wish to see that source it is avilable for download
> from the download page last link..
>
> I know about the errors but we are focused mainly on getting the controls up
> to speed. Once the controls are there we can snap the IDE together at a
> pretty good clip.
>

> Mine crashes also that is why I am compiling the test project contained in
> the zip on the web site vs the lazarus project. This allows me to test
> controls without having to worry about controls that are not rock solid yet.
>
> Soon I will go thru the menu stuff again and see if I can fix that stuff up.
>
> Cliff

Curtis White
Curtis White <osiriz at teleport.com>
http://www.teleport.com/~osiriz/