[lazarus] Delphi 5, The Delphi decadence...

Baeseman, Cliff Cliff.Baeseman at greenheck.com
Tue Jul 20 15:48:11 EDT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: JFA [mailto:simdhra at bellsouth.net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 1999 2:31 PM
To: lazarus at miraclec.com
Subject: Re: [lazarus] Delphi 5, The Delphi decadence...

Well... I just saw your message and make me think to recall you about some
interesting things than i observed after WIN95 arrived to our world.

After WIN95 all routines from Borland Pascal, (Delphi in this case), are
only calls to automation of Windows. Bad thing to trust Billy but, any other
alternative for Frank ?, (Frank Borland).  I remeber the wonderful times
when Frank wrote (Himself) the code from very low level to give us Borland
Pascal, and makes me really proud of.  Things I learned with Borland,
Edwards and Duntemann, "The Art of Programming", ill never forget.  The
characteristics that makes me turn to Pascal 3.0 was, precisely, the power
to handle low level.  Now, we all must learn an horrible thing like windows
always changing and unstable close to CHAOS with eating byte coding and lot
of garbage allocated in mem for nothing.

Yep I agree with that we don't have anyone in house other than myself that
knows anything about low level code.    Assembler and such!

 What i think is Frank sold because he saw what im telling ya write now.
So, inprise is a comercial company and, of course, not a programmer that
knows and love his work.  They only interested in sells but, no way to talk
about coding.  They INTERNET components are close to unusable and when you
go and look for information all ya fine is the same components at a price
close to $5,000.  Same components but they say it works.  LOL.

Yep it's all about the buck now!

 Man!..  I prophetize you  our world won't be the same anymore....
Solutions?

Why not to go back and make libraries just form the core of BIOS, so that
our routines works in any PC system?

maybe at least processor level.

 Thats what im thinking to do, but... I think no profit in there.

If we only handle BIOS we can run in any PC.

This is the first time i wrote to someone involved in Lazarus Project and
maybe because i thought you suffering same as me and many other programmers.
I've beed coding from the 70's.  I never saw something so stupid like
WINDOWS.

Amen!

THANKS!