[lazarus] Delphi 5 prices!!!

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Wed Jul 21 08:23:31 EDT 1999

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> I meant that if you distribute a compiled class library, and the user
> installs a newer version of FPC, then at each compile of his program,
> the compiler will try to recompile the while class library, because
> the RTL that comes with FPC is newer than the class library e.g. you
> distributed.

Ahhh. Got ya. I wasn't think in those terms. I would assume that if you
are distributing something that the user needs to recompile you are
suppling all of the source. Otherwise you need to distribute a library
and not a PPU. FPC will change more frequently than say Delphi which
allowed the distrubution of DCU files because the compiler itself didn't
change over time.