[lazarus] Better proposition for debug code.

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Wed Jul 21 09:23:06 EDT 1999

michael at tfdec1.fys.kuleuven.ac.be wrote:

> This is the default behaviour; if you set the procedural variable
> 'asserterrorproc' then you can customize the behaviour; the
> application just continues after the assertion handler.
>
> careful; the systutils unit sets the handler, and turns it into an
> exception. you must be sure that sysutils doesn't override your
> handler. (normally, it should not)

OK guys it seems to be 6 of one, half a dozen of another. Which way do
we go at this? The Assertion method does seem to be fairly clean. It is
there an only compiled it when the $ASSERTION switch is turned on.

Now my question is can we monitor this switch in the code? If so then we
can make sure that the udebug unit is also not included in the code.