[lazarus] Compiler stability

michael at tfdec1.fys.kuleuven.ac.be michael at tfdec1.fys.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Jul 21 12:00:52 EDT 1999

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Michael A. Hess wrote:

> Hey compiler guys. It has been mentioned in other emails but I just
> wanted to say that the stability of the compiler of late has been GREAT.
> Everything I work on seems to compile and run correctly or it is MY
> fault. It seems that you should be real close to the 1.0 release which
> is very impressive.   :-)
>
> Just want to give you each....Oh...say....4 ataboys.  :-)

Thanks :-)

We want to release 1.0 ASAP, and then we start a complete redesign
of the code generator, to allow easier porting to other CPU architectures
(ALPHA, renewed m68k, PPC etc)

Basically, this means that the snapshots after the 1.0 release will be
buggy as hell, so better stick to the officialy released compiler then :-)

Michael.