[lazarus] questions,suggestions

HankC HankC at msodata.com
Sat Jul 24 02:07:14 EDT 1999

Greetings:

A few suggestions:

Shane/Cliff: could you please add the current lazarus website to your sig
when posting to this list.

Michael H.: The win32 install works like a champ.  You might want to add a
list of the files your writing outside of the \pp dir and their
destinations to the readme file.  In other words, make a list of the dll's
you're putting in winsys.  Also please note the change you're making to
autoexec.bat.

Michael H.: in your batch files, you delete the .ow and .ppw files before
compile.  I'm pretty sure there's a compiler switch you could use instead
that would look a little cleaner.  I can't remember what it is but there
was a note about it a few months ago and it works.

Questions:

On a win32 setup, where should the CVS sources be in relation to the \pp
directory?

Does someone have a "good" directory tree they could pass on that includes
the \pp and cvs directorys?

Is there a cvs how-to like Sergio's geared to the "good" win32 setup above?
 In other words, after downloading new source via cvs what steps are taken
to update the working source?

Are there any other environmental variables necessary (like FPCDIR) that
need to be set to make everything work as expected (like the makefiles)?

Exactly where should makefile.fpc and ppc386.cfg reside?

Thanks!

HC