[lazarus] questions,suggestions

michael at tfdec1.fys.kuleuven.ac.be michael at tfdec1.fys.kuleuven.ac.be
Sat Jul 24 06:46:32 EDT 1999

On Fri, 23 Jul 1999, HankC wrote:

> Greetings:
>
> A few suggestions:
>
> Shane/Cliff: could you please add the current lazarus website to your sig
> when posting to this list.
>
> Michael H.: The win32 install works like a champ.  You might want to add a
> list of the files your writing outside of the \pp dir and their
> destinations to the readme file.  In other words, make a list of the dll's
> you're putting in winsys.  Also please note the change you're making to
> autoexec.bat.
>
> Michael H.: in your batch files, you delete the .ow and .ppw files before
> compile.  I'm pretty sure there's a compiler switch you could use instead
> that would look a little cleaner.  I can't remember what it is but there
> was a note about it a few months ago and it works.

The switch is '-B' for 'Build'.

> Questions:
>
> On a win32 setup, where should the CVS sources be in relation to the \pp
> directory?

I checkout all source files under
  /pp/src

> Does someone have a "good" directory tree they could pass on that includes
> the \pp and cvs directorys?

If you do as I said above, you should have a good working tree. The
following modules must be checked out:

rtl
compiler
base
gtk
fcl
lazarus

> Is there a cvs how-to like Sergio's geared to the "good" win32 setup above?
>  In other words, after downloading new source via cvs what steps are taken
> to update the working source?
>
> Are there any other environmental variables necessary (like FPCDIR) that
> need to be set to make everything work as expected (like the makefiles)?

After doing the 'co base', you should copy the files Makefile and makefile.fpc
from the base subdirectory to the src directory.

if you then set FPCDIR to /pp/src, everything should function correctly.

Michael.