[lazarus] A Little Cleanup

Curtis White osiriz at teleport.com
Sat Jul 24 15:20:48 EDT 1999

There is one more thing I noticed that I forgot to mention. In the controls.pp
unit is the TControls class. There are properties called ToolTip and
ShowToolTip. In Delphi, these are called Hint and ShowHint and there is another
called ParentShowHint. If we want to be compatible with Delphi, shouldn't these
properties be called the same?  Or are they something different.

Curtis

On 24-Jul-99 Curtis White wrote:
> I was just working on the notebook component, trying to figure out how this
> whole thing works (separating out the gtk code to the gtkint.pp unit). I
> noticed a couple things that we may want to change now before too much code
> gets written with them this way.
>
> According to the instructions, to add a new component, we add a constant to
> vclGlobals.pp and then again to gtkint.pp. These are the exact same constants
> in both units. Why not just add it to vclglobals and then include that unit
> in
> the uses clause of gtkint?  Then we just have to add the constant once.
>
> Another thing I noticed was a function in gtkint called Converttogdk. This
> function converts a TColor to a gdk color. But this function name does not
> describe what the function does and could be really confusing. I suggest
> changing it to more closely resemble the way Delphi does these kind of
> functions
> and call it ColorToGDKColor. This would describe the what the function does
> much
> better. There is already a function called TColortogdkColor, but all it does
> is
> create a gdkcolor record, set the color to Red and return a pointer it. This
> function seems pretty useless as it is. It doesn't even do anything with the
> color that is passed in. I think these two functions should be combined to do
> what they are supposed to do.
>

> Thanks...Curtis

Curtis White
Curtis White <osiriz at teleport.com>