[lazarus] Trace routines using Assert doesn't work

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Tue Jul 27 00:12:36 EDT 1999

I have written the Trace routines and have assigned the AssertErrorProc
procedure. Everything should work like gang busters but it doesn't.
Everything is setup correctly and my handler is called if an Assertion
fires. The problem is that if I do any kind of writing from in my
Handler such as a simple writeln the program throws and exceptions and
stops. If I don't have any code in the handler the program runs fine.
Add just one writeln and it will output whatever the writeln contained
and then it stops cold.

What could be preventing me from adding any writeln code to the handler?

Any clues compiler guys??

(this is what we were calling the debug routines. I felt that debug was
going to get to confusing with what is normally considered debugging.
This is actually just tracing code during execution. Hence forth it is
called Tracing.)