[lazarus] borland news

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Tue Jul 27 11:16:26 EDT 1999

I will adjust the version of Lazarus appropriatly. I will commit to CVS today a version that wil hopefully seem to be close to something useable.

I think Cliff has done an excellent job on the web site, but I think he's about as enthusiastic about doing HTML code as I am.  I would like to see a full blown web site dedicated to Lazarus that has the professional lok and feel to it.  Thoguh I think Cliff did a nice job, he is probably like me and would rather do code.

Michael, hold screenshots until I say so.  I think I'll have some cool ones soon...

Shane

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> You haven't exactly been making a lot of publicity either, of
> course...

Good point. This is true and it brings up a question. What kind of
publicity should we be drumming up? I'm not really a core part of the
Free Pascal project so I didn't think I should beat that drum at least
not until you guys officially reliease 1.0. I felt press releases and
what not, were up to you guys.

> Time to start an agressive publicity campaign; free wine, food,
> T-Shirts and of course software for everyone, this kind of stuff...

I can start that kind of campaign for Lazarus, should we start screaming
about FPC as well.

If we are going to start make noise about Lazarus we better come up with
some kind of version number. What do we consider it?  0.0.9

Cliff if you don't mind I am going to start work on a web site for
lazarus that has all the look and snaz of a commercial site. You know
links everywhere, banners, credits, etc. etc. Maybe if people see a more
developed web site they might start taking things more seriously and
start getting envolved as well.