[lazarus] GtkInt Help

Curtis White osiriz at teleport.com
Thu Jul 29 12:39:18 EDT 1999

Can someone please explain some things to me about how the GtkInt units are
setup to work?

I am having trouble figuring out the purpose/difference between the different
IntSendMessage procedures. Right now, there are 3 IntSendMessage procedures and
they each take different parameters. How do we know which one to use to do what
we need?

I have a lot of Gtk functions I am going to need to call in the TNotebook
component. So do I setup new methods in the GtkInt object for each of the
different things I need to do? Or do I adapt them to some of the existing
methods/functions? And if I adapt them to the existing functions, what if they
need more parameters to be passed?

Are we only calling methods in the GtkInt object by sending messages with the
IntSendMessage procedures and then having them call the methods, or are we
calling methods directly?

I just need to know how to use this GtkInt object so I am not doing something
way off course.

Curtis

On 29-Jul-99 Peter Vreman wrote:

>> > But it works now again... Tomorrow i want to see the assert's :)
>>
>>It will work but it does still have one quirk. If uTrace has {$H+}
>>declared the const Msg isn't handled correctly. The length character for
>>the message string is also printed at the front of the string. If {$H+}
>>is declared in uTrace then when the complete uTrace code is used it
>>blows up. It doesn't really need {$H+} but this still might cause some
>>problems someplace. Oh yeah the unit that was setting the Assert line
>>also did NOT have {$H+} set so maybe that is where the confusion comes
>>in. Just something else to check.  :-)
> The {$H+} in the unit that calls the assert() is not important, the string
> is already automaticly converted to shortstring. You only need to declare
> your new assertproc with 'shortstring' instead of 'string', then the $H+
> doesn't matter anymore. Maybe we need to declare assertproc with a procvar
> instead of only a pointer, which is again one of borlands strange decissions.

Curtis White
Curtis White <osiriz at teleport.com>
http://www.teleport.com/~osiriz/