[lazarus] Question about component structure

Baeseman, Cliff Cliff.Baeseman at greenheck.com
Fri Jul 30 15:37:06 EDT 1999

Well I need to draw up what we need here but this is the way it needs to go.

1. I have to implement the anchors concept in the controls that are supposed
to have them.

2. I have to implement the align property in controls that are supposed to
have them.

3. Only certain types of controls, containers are allowed to contain
widgets. This means that I will have to implement some type of logic to
determine when and to what controls to  apply the fixed widget.

   something like in the control load a fixed widget if one does not yet
exist and the parent control is a container type widget.

4. The properties for the heigth width top and left are somehow getting
hosed. I have not tracked the source of that one as of yet. This should go
away once I redo all of that stuff.

5. a control without a anchor set or an align set should not fire a resize
event or have one fired for it. For instance a button does not have a
published resize event. It does in the existing implementation but it should
not for delphi compatibility reasons.

Cliff