[lazarus] Asserts and other stuff

Mike Z. mike at msodata.com
Thu Jun 24 23:41:56 EDT 1999

I believe you're correct, Ron.  And that's even beside the point, as far as
I'm concerned.  I've never liked java because the apps seem sluggish and
running the jvm makes my box sluggish.  People that know much more than me
won't touch java for those and other reasons.  I for one would never
compile the jvm into my kernal because I don't need the weight.

I'm trying to develop a cross platform gui app using fpc/gtk.  It would
definately be easier to use java but I'm biting the bullet now for a
compact, high performance app down the road.  Ever since I made the jump
from vb to delphi several years ago I've felt this way and I'm not turning
back.

Cliff: I hope you give this some more thought.  Lazarus is a great idea and
making some headway, the past month notwithstanding.  An open souce
Delphi-like tool that will build cross-platform apps is the way of the
future, in my opinion.  You might also want to test the waters for general
opinion of Java - many people aren't fans.

Keep up the good work!

Mike