[lazarus] GTK vs QT vs XLIB

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Mon Jun 28 10:19:50 EDT 1999

Here's my suggestion:  Lets continue on the way we are going but move the GTK stuff out into a seperate unit and access it through generic calls like sendmessage and createcomponent.  That way once the IDE is done if we want to use QT or the XLIB we can simply create a new unit with those functions in it and put it in the uses clause.  For now, lets get an IDE up and running....

Cliff, I need you to continue work on the LAzarus IDE.  Tie in the compiler and I will set it up to be able to open multiple pages on tabs.   I need someone to look at the RESIZZE problem.  How should the components (gtk widgets) be placed on the forms?  Look at the createcomponent function in controls.pas

I know some of you want to attack the xlib to get more functionality and flexibility, but if we build these classes correctly we will be able to do that later.  Lets get a useable set of classes first, then we can set them to link into any widget set we want.....

We need others to create some controls.  TTreeView, TListView, etc.  Look at GTK and see what controls we are missing yet....

Shane