[lazarus] EFLIB

michael at tfdec1.fys.kuleuven.ac.be michael at tfdec1.fys.kuleuven.ac.be
Mon Jun 28 13:48:14 EDT 1999

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Mike Z. wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Interesting reading of late :)
>
> I haven't seen eflib mentioned here.  I haven't studied that project in
> depth, and I'm not sure how the development is going, but they've got some
> nice looking screenshots of their graphical componants.  I'm pretty sure
> they're building their stuff around fpc.  More info is at:
>
> http://ftp.sunet.se/EFLIB/

Despite the look of it, EFLIB is being discontinued, Latest I heard the
author has decided to move to Java. Knowing the history of the project, i
regard it highly unlikely that anything wil come of it, however much I
regret it. I had high hopes for eflib :(

Concerning the OpenGUI subsystem=
1) It's not really part of eflib, in fact it was developed completely
   independent. I met it's author in Ukraine. It still is a mystery to
   me what it has to do with EFLIB.
2) Yes, it runs with FPC, under certain conditions.

But all in all, I wouldn't put my money on it. No longer, that is.
A pity.

Michael.