[lazarus]

Sergio A. Kessler sak at perio.unlp.edu.ar
Mon Jun 28 18:10:50 EDT 1999

michael at tfdec1.fys.kuleuven.ac.be el día Tue, 29 Jun 1999 00:02:19 +0200
(MEST), escribió:

>On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Sergio A. Kessler wrote:
>
>> michael at tfdec1.fys.kuleuven.ac.be el día Sun, 27 Jun 1999 20:00:47 +0200
>> (MEST), escribió:
>>

>> >2) Cross-platform indenpendence.
>>
>> if one of the goals of FPC is this, why not use gcc as backend,
>> instead of assembly ?
>
>1) We want to be completely independent of C.

you like more assembly than C ?

>2) We're not writing 'p2c' here :)
>
>Once we had a proposition from a commercial company to support a dialect of
>their pascal compiler (development of which was being discontinued).
>In the end they wanted a Pascal to C converter.
>It was the end of our conversations :-)

I think you are not understanding me..

gcc support more platforms than FPC, rigth ?

so instead of making assembly code, FPC could be integrated
with gcc, using it like the backend compiler to generate
code in _any_ platform that is supported by gcc
(wich is /lots/ of platforms).

Sergio