[lazarus] Problem found

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Tue Jun 29 12:32:55 EDT 1999

>the problem with signal and methods is that C doesn't know that it need to
>load the object pointer into ESI before calling to method, so it's not
>possible directly. Maybe with a wrapper it could be possible

The problem with wrapping the signal connect is that I think it'll still lose the SELF value because it's a callback.....
If I call a method of TCustomMemo like proceure TCustomMemo.Test(Number : Integer); what it's really doing is sending an integer AND the value of SELF right?  If that's the case, can I call that procedure and actually SEND it the value of SELF by calling it like this:  Test(4,self)  ?  If I could do that then I could write a wrapper, otherwise I'm not sure how to do it..

Shane