[lazarus] Multiplataform

Nicolas Aragon nico at clubdelphi.com
Wed Jun 30 16:23:13 EDT 1999

Hello,

>> I see. But this way needs recompilation. I hope that the same code
>> could be used without even re-link.
>Yes, I've been thinking of this for some time now, as there are some
>quite good reason to support this; and maybe we will find a solution
>some day.

Why not using mine? It's already there. If you want details, you just
have to ask for them.

>But at first we need a concept for building component
>libraries which are dynamically loadable;

I have it. And it's very simple: component libraries are objects. You
just need to define an abstract ancestor for them and inherit from it
for every library that is to be dynamically loaded.

>(take a look at the source and you know why, although in the current
>snapshot there may be some exceptions of this. I will fix this soon.)

Sorry, I can't. I'm envolved in another time consuming project (not
talking of my job) :(

>> want to introduce a feature that may not be implemented in other
>> sections. Using inheritance almost forces you to stay compatible.
>you can use dummy implementations

Inheritance seems to be the natural way in *Object* Pascal.

>enough other work to do, I have no problem in waiting more than the
>usual 12-24 hours for bug fixes. At least they will have to fix them
>before the 1.0 release... ;-)

Yes but, getting it solved sooner would help to ship an already
working RAD along with thar release.

greetings

  Nico