Lazarus

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Tue May 4 11:19:27 EDT 1999

I have Lazarus setup to be able to open an unlimited number of .pp files.  Also, in a few minutes I will have the SAVE ALL and the SAVE option completed.  Once this is done, I think the next logical step is to get it to compile something.

The simple "compile" command will work off of whichever file is currently active.  In other words which form is active, and whatever file it has open will be compiled.  If the user selects Project Build, then of course we need to know the main project file (lazarus.pp in this case) and compile it.

Once we get this to be able to open and save files, technically we could start using it as an editor.  The only problem I have is the TMemo.OnChanged event.  When the gtkText widget throws the changed signal I end up getting a funky error.  I'm sure I'll be able to work around this but I wouldn't mind someone else looking at it.  All you need to do is go into the TMEmo.Create, or TCustomMemo.Create and uncomment the ASSIGNMYEVENTS function.  This will assign the onchange signal and it'll crash when you chage the memo.

Soon, we will have an editor............I think....  :-)

Shane

>>> Cliff Baeseman <vbman at pcpros.net> 05/04 7:45 AM >>>
Mark hello.

    The developers working on lazarus were originally part of the Megido
team. We started our own project
due to a major lack of progress on Megido.  We have jumped right in and
expect a very usable IDE to be available
within the next few days.  I do not belive taht megido has even a
implementation of TForm as of yet.

I will cross post this to our mailing list and will send you the url for
the FCL when I get to work in a half an hour.

I highly rocommend joining our mailing list. The instructions are on the
web site. We will help you any way we can.

Cliff Baeseman