[lazarus] lazarus compile problems

Sergio A. Kessler sak at perio.unlp.edu.ar
Tue May 4 19:50:34 EDT 1999

Hi, I'm trying to compile lazarus without luck ...

lots of undefined references

I notice that in my almost RH6 system when you invoke gtk.so you
end up calling gtk 1.2.x, if you want gtk 1.0.x you must call
gtk.so.1, so I changed all the references to gtk.so in gtk
directory by gtk.so.1, recompiled gtk whitout problems, try
again with Lazarus and the same undefined references errors
appear in the link stage (the compile process went fine).
The units search seem correct (I don't have the exact error
description with me now)

FPC CVS from yesterday, Lazarus from last web zip file.

Any hint ?

btw, the variables XLIBDIR and GTKLIBDIR are not used in the
lazarus makefile (I do a symlink /usr/lib/X11 -> /usr/X11R6/lib)

I think it will be more sane to use the content of /etc/ld.so.conf
file instead of XLIBDIR and GTKLIBDIR, no ?

Sergio