[lazarus] lazarus compile problems

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Wed May 5 02:21:22 EDT 1999

Sergio A. Kessler wrote:

> this doesn't work work because in
> override NEEDLIBDIR := $(NEEDLIBDIR) $(XLIBDIR)

If you have your files setup exactly as they are taken from CVS then
there isn't any reason why this shouldn't work. In fact I took this code
right out of the gtk makefile. It was just left out of the lazarus
makefile.

> $(NEEDLIBDIR) take the value ../fcl ... and not ../fcl/linux ...

NEEDUNITDIR deals with this not NEEDLIBDIR and it should be using

   ../fcl/$(OS_TARGET)  which will set it to ../fcl/linux

> the makefile.fpc does not deal with XLIBDIR and GTKLIBDIR, and yes,
> it is better to stick with the current setup :)

Not directly but it deals with the NEEDLIBDIR which is what you are

> I'm aiming at simplify the things, if the gtk and lazarus makefile
> read the /etc/ld.so.conf there is no need to use XLIBDIR or GTKLIBDIR,
> then you don't need to edit the makefile for different systems.

Again you shouldn't need to edit the makefile for different systems.
That is why they setup the makefile system the way they did. You have to
make a specific makefile for each section such as lazarus but it
determines your OS and setup for you. You might have to modify some
variables such as XLIBDIR if you libraries are not in standard places
but that is all you need to modify.