[lazarus] Shane's Class Self Error's

Cliff Baeseman Cliff.Baeseman at Greenheck.Com
Mon May 10 12:27:01 EDT 1999

yes you are right!

I was using a TList if that makes any difference I do not know. It was local
to the TApplication object itself and not in a uses unit...

Cliff

-----Original Message-----
From: Shane Miller [mailto:SMiller1 at stvgb.org]
Sent: Monday, May 10, 1999 11:14 AM
To: lazarus at miraclec.com
Subject: Re: [lazarus] Shane's Class Self Error's

The create for TEditor does finish so that is not the problem in this case.
Remember, from Main.pp I can TEditor.Create, set the caption, height and
width, then call the LoadFile procedure so obviously the Create is ending.

Seems like either SELF isn't passing or because I am holding the objects in
a TStringList that the procedure calls are not working right.  Still not
sure if it's the compiler or me.

Shane

>>> Cliff Baeseman <Cliff.Baeseman at Greenheck.com> 05/10 9:26 AM >>>
Shane,

  I ran across something very similar to the problem you where experiencing
and had a hell of a time tracking it down.

I was adding a instance of main form to a Tlist. The self call was not
equating to anything once again. What was happening is that I moved
the loadmainmenu to the create of TMain. I never did see create exit so I
removed that call in create. Once I did this everything worked just fine.

One thing you can try is to comment out the code in the file open method and
try to create a instance of TEditor and see if it actually finishes the
Create.

It is almost like control is being passed to gtk_main somewhere in code
causing a create to not continue.

Cliff Baeseman

- "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess."
- "Look, I'm a computer programmer. I don't have time for girls,
but a talking frog is very very cool."