[lazarus] RPM Install

Cliff Baeseman Cliff.Baeseman at Greenheck.Com
Mon May 10 15:56:31 EDT 1999

This sounds ok but I also wish to have one monster get the whole deal at one
shot RPM also...

Cliff

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Vreman [mailto:pfvreman at wins.uva.nl]
Sent: Monday, May 10, 1999 2:19 PM
To: lazarus at miraclec.com
Subject: Re: [lazarus] RPM Install

At 19:25 10-5-99 , you wrote:
>Thanx,
>
>Looks like I will be doing alot of system reconfiguring tonight....
>
>Once I get upgraded I will move lazarus to the 1.2 codebase.
>
>After I complete this I am going to build a RPM that will install lazarus,
>fcl, compiler and the GTK. I will check everything for required files etc.
>
>If I do this am I going to have to install to a different directory than
>FPC?

I think we should create different RPM's which all depend on eachother

fpc-compiler
fpc-rtl
fpc-fcl
fpc-gtk

and then you can depend lazarus on the needed rpm's. When everything works
fine we can even create .rpm snapshots.

And .deb's ofcourse ;)

>Should I keep our stuff separated, I think that I probably should to avoid
>conflicts. I can then control
>what we are using to avoid compatibility problems. Lazarus will ultimately
>pass all the switches and paths to the compiler vs using the config unit
>because those settings are in the project file.
>
>We probably should coordinate this with the FPC fellas. If I do this
>correctly it will allow easy setup
>for someone who does not care to use lazarus but just want's the compiler.
>
>Hopefully this will end most of the New User Problems once and for all....
Except if they still choose to download the .tar.gz instead of the .rpm :)