[lazarus] Linker Problem? Has anyone else seen this problem!

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Tue May 11 14:15:25 EDT 1999

Cliff Baeseman wrote:

> Has anyone seen this problem occur and how can it be fixed it looks
> like the linker is looking for a path that is not defined properly?

This is what that patch to the makefile was for. The person needs to set
the XLIBDIR in the makefile assuming you have added the patch I sent.

You set the following variable to point to where your X11 libraries are
located. IF the GTK libraries are not located with the X11 libraries you
need to set the GTKLIBDIR as well.

XLIBDIR = /usr/X11/lib

However I just check CVS and you didn't add it yet. You need to add the
lines.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

ifdef XLIBDIR
override NEEDLIBDIR := $(NEEDLIBDIR) $(XLIBDIR)
endif

ifdef GTKLIBDIR
override NEEDLIBDIR := $(NEEDLIBDIR) $(GTKLIBDIR)
endif

I put them right after the line

EXEOBJECTS=lazarus

This assumes that the problem is that the X11 directory is the problem.