[lazarus] Lazarus and GTK and Free Pascal Snapshot RPM install

Cliff Baeseman Cliff.Baeseman at Greenheck.Com
Wed May 12 14:03:47 EDT 1999

Everyone,

   I have been working on learning the RPM build process. I think that I am
now capable of building the rpms to support easy
installation of the Free Pascal Compiler, GTK+ , Lazarus and the  FCL.

I plan on building the first one tonight this will be a compiler snapshot
upgrade. There is a couple of questions I wish to open for discussion

The original install is in /usr/lib/0.99.10
                                  /usr/lib/0.99.10/linuxunits
I plan to upgrade rtl in the linuxunits and the compiler in those
directories with the latest snapshot.
Does this sound like a good plan?

Next would come GTK+ placed in the same location with a dependency of the
compiler snapshot
plan to place this in /usr/lib/0.99.10/gtk
Does this sound like a good plan

Next will be FCL placed in /usr/lib/0.99.10 with snapshot dependancy.

Last will be lazarus placed in /usr/lib/lazarus with dependancies of
snapshot GTK and FCL

The only issue someone new will have to work with for now would be x11
location but that will be eliminated once lazarus ide is up since it will
not use
the ppc386.cfg and be passing the paths and switches directly to the
compiler.

Ok flame away.

I did not update CVS with the code you sent me last night Shane because I
was involved with this heavily....

Cliff Baeseman

- "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess."
- "Look, I'm a computer programmer. I don't have time for girls,
but a talking frog is very very cool."