[lazarus] Lazarus and GTK and Free Pascal Snapshot RPM install

Sergio A. Kessler sak at perio.unlp.edu.ar
Wed May 12 14:20:42 EDT 1999

>The original install is in /usr/lib/0.99.10
>                                  /usr/lib/0.99.10/linuxunits

I think is /usr/lib/fpc/$VERSION
                    ^^^

>I plan to upgrade rtl in the linuxunits and the compiler in those
>directories with the latest snapshot.
>Does this sound like a good plan?

there must be a symlink of the compiler in /usr/bin ...

>Next would come GTK+ placed in the same location with a dependency of the
>compiler snapshot
>plan to place this in /usr/lib/0.99.10/gtk
>Does this sound like a good plan
>
>Next will be FCL placed in /usr/lib/0.99.10 with snapshot dependancy.
>
>Last will be lazarus placed in /usr/lib/lazarus with dependancies of
>snapshot GTK and FCL

lazarus is not a lib, using /usr/lib is not correct, how
about /usr/src ?

>The only issue someone new will have to work with for now would be x11
>location but that will be eliminated once lazarus ide is up since it will
>not use
>the ppc386.cfg and be passing the paths and switches directly to the
>compiler.

I'm not using /etc/ppc386.cfg, the makefile should be sufficient,
I updated my cvs 2 minutes ago, I will work in the makefile in my
home (I'll make changes similar to the gtk makefile) and post it
tonigth (along with the doc).

Sergio
(going to my house)