[lazarus] Shane's Self Problem detected!

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Thu May 13 11:04:17 EDT 1999

Well, if you look in objpas.pp you'll notice that the constant vtmselfptr = -32 is commented out.  Is this going to be a problem?  Is this the problem that we've encountered?

This also seems consistent with what Payne has mentioned.

I can get around the problem of opening files without crashing.  It's not proper Delphi-like code but it works.  The issue is that I can't SAVE the files because of this problem (I think that's why).

We really need to look at this issue.  It's slowing us up a ton.  Who created the objpas file or who could look into it?

Shane

>>> Cliff Baeseman <Cliff.Baeseman at Greenheck.com> 05/13 8:59 AM >>>
Shane.
   Tom sent me a mail message that said we should look at the objpas unit
something about self being commented out where it should
be pointing to a memory table....

Cliff

- "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess."
- "Look, I'm a computer programmer. I don't have time for girls,
but a talking frog is very very cool."