[lazarus] bit fields

Peter Vreman pfvreman at wins.uva.nl
Wed May 19 06:21:45 EDT 1999

> Hi all, I have been talking with the gtk developers to modify some
> things in the next release, so it easy for bindings makers to do
> the wrapers.
> They are agreeing in some things (fields accesors for reading properties,
> at least implemented by macros), but when I mention that they should
> try to avoid to do guint bitfield : 1
> they say me that this should be mapped to a boolean pascal,
> I don't think this is possible, it is ?
I've checked how C does the bitfields. But C (and also used in gtk) are
things like:

guint border_width : 3

Thus 3 bits! Which isn't a boolean, but a integer.

I was thinking of building support for it in the compiler, but only in the
load/store(=assignment) nodes. So it doesn't work with inc(bitfield)

Peter