[lazarus] GUI IDEs

Sergio Kessler sak at perio.unlp.edu.ar
Fri May 21 02:48:52 EDT 1999

- cooledit is ... well, cool (pascal syntax highlight and even I
  can run make inside the ide, but I prefer in a console)
  * disadvantages:
    - interface a little ugly (not too much)
    - it modify the global xinitrc (is trivial to delete the changes)
      (at least the rpm I installed wich is not the last version)
    - in a restart of X it changed the font, solution: delete your
      ~/.cedit directory

- gIDE is really cool, is an IDE done in GTK, you can compile lazarus
  from inside and run it also.
  It let you define a project and what files belong to it, then every
  time you open the proyect, a tree appear in the left with all the
  files and with doble click you open it.
  To-do windows and many things like that.
  * disadvantages:
    - No syntax highlight for pascal

- gEdit ... well you know... good enough

--
  |    Sergio A. Kessler  http://perio.unlp.edu.ar/~sergio
-O_O-  Keep working at it... you will either succeed, or become an expert.