[lazarus] multiplataform ?

Sergio A. Kessler sak at perio.unlp.edu.ar
Fri May 21 16:32:47 EDT 1999

Putting all the gtk calls in one file ?

I think you are reinventing the wheel here.
This is complicated, unnecesary and requires a lot of
coordination and sinchronization betwen developers.

You are forgetting that the VCL *IS* an API that could
be done with various toolkits.

It doesn't make sense to do an api over an api (gtk)
over an api (vcl).

You want multiplataform ?, look at this:

fpc/
   fcl/            -> base classes (multiplataform)
      gui/
         inc/      -> gui high level (toolkit independent)
         gtk/      -> gui base level (toolkit dependent)
         qt/
         gnome/

look at this picture for a minute and your brain will
do the rest.

You have gtk/ done, want qt ?, just copy all the files
to qt/ and replace every gtk_* with qt counterpart.

KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid)

Of course, this is my opinion, not sane, intelligent or necesarely
usefull.

Sergio