[lazarus] OT: CGI for apache with free pascal

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Mon May 24 21:29:21 EDT 1999

Paul Gearon wrote:

> >> BTW, what does "EZ" stands for in "TEZcgi"?
> >
> >EZ - short for "easy"
>
> That doesn't work in Australia.  Z is pronounced "zed".  :o)
>
> (we do know about the American pronounciation through Sesame Street
> though     ;-)

Ahhhh yes. Sesame Street. Cultural exchange at it's finest.  ;-)

You are correct that EZ is a very American slang form but I'm sure that
you can find dozens of other software products that use the same 2
letters to represent the same thing.

I am curious now that you have brought it up. If you pronounce the
letter "z" in words as "zeeeee", for example zebra, why do you use
"zed"?

Just curious about other languages?  :-)