[lazarus] OT: CGI for apache with free pascal

Nicolas Aragon nico at clubdelphi.com
Tue May 25 18:36:46 EDT 1999

Hello,

>still causing some problems. I think what might be causing this hickup
>is the GetEnv routine being called.

But I don't read any... oops! yes, content-length. Now I remember that
constructor read also all known variables. Why? BTW.

>Michael V. modified the code so that
>it would be platform independent but it appears to give me some trouble.
>I did a quick get around by commenting out the line
>{$I ezcgi.inc}
>and then adding dos to the uses line to look like.
>uses classes, strings, sysutils, dos;
>This was my work around for Linux

OK. I was doing the test under Linux.

>with GetEnv. Try this work around and see if it works for you.

I hardly can answer to mail until weekend, but I'll surely try... I
still have mail under NT so it takes me a while just to switch. BTW is
there a good X client (or well organized in text-mode, like Fido
editors) for Linux. I'll surely miss Agent, but it could save me some
time.

>> appreciate if someone can tell me if this problem isn't only mine.
>I believe you are having the same problem I was having.

The new code has compiled smoothly, without a complaint. It's been
used under Netscape Enterprise Server (nsapi) and MS IIS (isapi), I
have a report of working with Windows cgi. And I even ported it to
Java, C and some more, so it "should" work :)

>> BTW, what does "EZ" stands for in "TEZcgi"?
>EZ - short for "easy"

Do you know Delphi components to generate html? very "ez" and not
difficult to program. But I'll better continue (another day) in
private mail, I'm feeling off-topic enough O:)

greetings

   Nico