[lazarus] mwEditCustom bug killed

Marc Weustink weus at quicknet.nl
Fri Nov 5 17:58:02 EST 1999

At 10:10 05-11-99 -0600, Shane wrote:
>Yes, I am not calling the CREATE because it's crashing during the compile,
not while I'm running it.  I DO have the code in MAIN.PP to call the
create, but I'm not getting a changce to run the program....

>Here's more info.  If I change TControl and the compiler needs to compile
that along with mwcustomedit.pas, then it compiles.  If I simply change
LAZARUS.PP or MAIN.PP then it crashes.

>Not a big deal I guess.  To get around the problem I just change
CONTROLS.PP and it recompiles everything.

>So, I added a mwedit1 component to the MAIN.PP file and call it's create.
It goes into the create and crashes when it assigns the TTimers ONTIMER
event.....odd.  Not sure why yet.....but at least I got it to compile so I
can look at it....

>Shane

Hmmm.... strange things happen here. I had to recompile the compiler to get
the ReallocMem support.... This intruduced some other nasties.

I tried to make lazarus, after I changed the followeing line in the
./lazarus/Makefile:
NEEDUNITDIR=../fcl/$(OS_TARGET) ../rtl/$(OS_TARGET) ../gtk lcl
lcl/components/mwedit/release

So it compiled. Great, but didn't link:

Linking ./lazarus
/mnt/hdc/usr/src/fpc/gtk/gdk.o: In function `GDK_FONT_XFONT':
gdk/gdkx.pp:112: undefined reference to `gdk_debug_level'
gdk/gdkx.pp:112: undefined reference to `gdk_show_events'
gdk/gdkx.pp:112: undefined reference to `gdk_stack_trace'
/mnt/hdc/usr/src/fpc/gtk/glib.o: In function `SET_YEAR':
glib/glib.pp:1647: undefined reference to `exportfunc'
glib/glib.pp:1647: undefined reference to `exportprefix'
glib/glib.pp:1647: undefined reference to `exportcache'
An error occurred while linking ./lazarus

What's this, do I have to upgrade my gtk libs ???

Marc.

BTW if I do a make again I get an:
 mwcustomedit.pas(31,10) Fatal: Internal error 9999

Great. Line 31 col 10 does not exist.

even without make:

marc:~/fpc/lazarus$ ppc386 lazarus.pp
Target OS: Linux for i386
Compiling lazarus.pp
Panic : Internal compiler error, exiting.
mwcustomedit.pas(31,10) Fatal: Internal error 9999