[lazarus] mwEdit TODO

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Tue Nov 9 12:06:05 EST 1999

I fixed # 6.  I added the property but it doesn't do anything yet.
The functions SETPITCH and GETPITCH need to be "finished" (A.K.A. "started").

Shane

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
1) Fix the following which does not work for some reason:
       Font.OnChange := @FontChanged

2) Write the implementation for LoadFromResourceName to load the Mark bitmaps.

3) Write a replacement function for the following Windows functions:
     GetObject
     CreateFontIndirect
     GetDC
     SelectObject
     GetTextMetrics
     ReleaseDC
     DeleteObject
     HideCaret
     GetSystemMetrics
     ExtTextOut
     ShowCaret
     SetCaretPos
     SetScrollInfo
     ShowScrollBar

4) Fix Draw method parameter list of TImageList to match Delphi parameter list.

5) Create a way to perform the following action:
       inherited Font := Value
    where Value is a TFont.

6) Add Pitch to the TFont object.

7) Write a RecreateWnd method.

8) Create the following methods in the parent object (TCustomControl):
     WMKillFocus
     WMNCHitTest
     WMSetFocus
     WMSize

mwhighlighter.pas

1) Write Registry or Ini file code to replace RegOpenKeyEx.

mwpassyn.pas

1) Fix compiler bug so it will call a function that is being pointed to by an
array variable.

Note that these are the things that need to be done to get the release version
working. I haven't documented the things that need to be done to get the beta
version working, but I expect they will be very similar. If we get the above
items working, then it probably won't take much more to get the beta version
working.

Anyone who wants to start working on these things, please feel free to jump in
and help out. We need to get these things fixed (or figure out other ways to do
them) in order to get mwEdit working in Linux.

Thanks....Curtis