[lazarus] TCanvas handle

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Tue Nov 16 16:11:21 EST 1999

I believe someone mentioned that they felt that the canvas' handle should point to a GC instead of the widget it points to now.  I tend to agree with the small amount of investigation I spent on the subject.

I assume the GC will be gooten from the function call GETDC (which will call getgc for gtk).
FHandle in TCanvas points to a HFont which is a longword (or something like that).  I assume we'll simply type-cast it as a GC and it'll work in gtkinterface.

Is anyone planning on working on this?
I see someone posted the bitmap code but there are a ton of errors because a new VCLGLOBALS wasn't posted that included such things as CSBITMAP and the like.  Whomever did this, please fix it so it compiles again.  If you need help, let us know.

I would like to get a snapshot of what is being worked on so we can move forward with getting this editor working.   We have a lot of functions we need to add.

Please let me know if the getdc functions are being written and if the canvas stuff is being re-written to support fhandle.  I have to look over the new setup we have with the new include files.  I haven't had time to investigate them yet to see if this is a better way.

Before making a drastic change like this, I think we should disuss it a bit more........  :-)

happy coding...
Shane