[lazarus] Lazarus hanging/crashing

Marc Weustink Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl
Tue Nov 23 04:20:55 EST 1999

+ From: Shane Miller [mailto:SMiller1 at stvgb.org]
+
+ I haven't found the cause for this yet, but I have been able
+ to change the way it crashes.  It seems that if you comment
+ out the Notebook.show in MAIN.PP it acts one way, and with it
+ in it acts another.
+ does this occur with everyone else?  One way it crashes with
+ an exception, the other way it hangs.
+
+ Any thoughts?

After I got the latest version of all (to build a new compiler), my original
crash in Font.Assign is gone, however now after I try to place text in the
editor (by pressing the topmopst button in Testform) I get something like:

Gdk-ERROR **: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)

In the debugger you can see that the button-press event is completely
handled, the callback returns and thist is the result. When the text is
placed, the editor in invalidated through a call to gtk_widget_queue_draw. I
(wild ?) guess that this draw is executed as soon as the gtkclickedCB (?) is
finished.

I think the key to this problem is the message I get... but what does it
mean. Anyone any clue ?

Marc