[lazarus] Lazarus hanging/crashing

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Tue Nov 23 17:19:07 EST 1999

Can you let us know when it's fixxed.  I changed the code to bypass the problem for now so we may not notice the fix right away.

thanks again
Shane
P.S.  Anyone check out genetic-programming.org?  Interesting stuff...

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Shane Miller wrote:

> I agree it's in the compiler. I disabled the OPPAINT assignment and the ONDESTROY assignment in lazarus (main.pp) and changed the TControl(data).windowproc to dispatchs and now Lazarus runs!
> There was something changed in the compiler that has stop functioning.  Can someone on the compiler (FPC) end comment so we know you are looking into this please......

There is indeed a bug caused by a patch of Pierre Muller :(
We are looking into it, because it disturbs lots of other things as well,
please be patient while we try to fix it.

And ALWAYS keep a backup of earlier compilers :-)

Michael.