[lazarus] interface decls

Marc Weustink Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl
Tue Nov 30 04:11:00 EST 1999

+ From: michael@[195.207.84.152] [mailto:michael@[195.207.84.152]]On

+ On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, Curtis White wrote:
+
+ > Delphi has the interface files (.int) that are included
+ > with the standard
+ > version (since you don't get the vcl source code). These
+ > contain the interface
+ > definitions for all the vcl classes. But I don't know what
+ > the copyright issues
+ > are with copying them. I don't know if we could copy them
+ > directly or not. Since
+ > they are just interfaces, I can't imagine what the
+ > difference would be if we
+ > copy them or type them ourselves :-) The only way we can be
+ > compatible
+ > with Delphi is to provide the same interfaces. So either
+ > way the interfaces
+ > will look the same. But I think someone should check before
+ > we copy them to
+ > make sure we don't break any copyrights.
+
+ The interface declarations also have a copyright statement in
+ them, so it's unclear what to do.
+
After reading the licence.txt, I think it's not allowed to copy them.

----- part of licence.txt ------------
All Inprise libraries, source code, Redistributables and
other files remain Inprise's exclusive property. Regardless
of any modifications that you make, you may not distribute
any files (particularly Inprise source code and other non-
executable files) except those that Inprise has expressly
designated as Redistributables.  Nothing in the License
Agreement permits you to derive the source code of files
that Inprise has provided to you in executable form only,
or to reproduce, modify, use, or distribute the source code
of such files.  You are not, of course, restricted from

Since the interface files aren't Redistributables, we better don't copy them

Marc