[lazarus] Why the FLC/Lazarus/KCL development should be speeded

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Fri Oct 1 06:45:46 EDT 1999

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Sebastian [iso-8859-1] Günther wrote:

> Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>
> > > Look at the new release time !!!!!
> >
> > Yes, but even if they can do it, they will just run on a
> > Corel-adapted version of linux - if I understand it right.
>
> just a quick note: you know that Corel supports the Wine project...? I
> guess they do this because they want to use the Wine library for the
> Linux version of their Office Suite.

Probably, yes, as it makes everything easier.
Whether it makes things better is debatable.

> So it is really quite possible that
> Borland will use Wine too, as somebody already noted here...

I know the answer to that one; but it is under the NDA.

If they do it:
1) For the IDE: You'll see it by running ldd on the executable.
2) For the VCL: I doubt anyone will use it. I don't see the use
   of having windows run on top of Linux; you miss the point of
   having Linux.

Michael.