[lazarus] Why the FLC/Lazarus/KCL development should be speeded

Sebastian Günther sguenther at gmx.de
Fri Oct 1 08:41:26 EDT 1999

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> Probably, yes, as it makes everything easier.
> Whether it makes things better is debatable.

I don't know, I guess that the speed will be horribly. (especially

> 1) For the IDE: You'll see it by running ldd on the executable.

of course

> 2) For the VCL: I doubt anyone will use it. I don't see the use
>    of having windows run on top of Linux; you miss the point of
>    having Linux.

Yes and no, it could work as a temporary solution until the native
libraries are ready.
We will see; on the other hand I don't think this would influence any
FreePascal related project (Lazarus and KCL) at all...

- Sebastian