[lazarus] Editor

Sebastian Günther sguenther at gmx.de
Sun Oct 17 14:07:02 EDT 1999

Curtis White wrote:

> So would this special abstract class replace the TScrollBox class that
> TSHTextEdit currently inherits from? Or would it be used some other way?

Probably it would be the best when TSHTextEdit doesn't derive from any
class and to introduce a 'rendering engine' class (TSHRenderer or
similar). TSHTextEdit would get a 'property Renderer: TRenderer' then.

> I looked at the SHEdit control, but I am having a bit of trouble following it
> since, like you said, it uses some code from the new KCL that you haven't
> released yet. I'm just trying to figure out how we could hook it into Lazarus
> but am having a little trouble being able to tell how we could do it.

I will simply remove all KCL dependencies and write a simple demo
TSHRenderer implementation.

> You would probably need to be the one to create this abstract class since you
> know what all SHEdit needs from it in order to work. Would you be willing to
> create that abstract class?

Yes, but this will take 1-2 days.

cu,
Sebastian