[lazarus] Editor

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Mon Oct 18 17:35:16 EDT 1999

I have started adding a TScrollBox to our LCL.  I of course need to add a TControlScrollBar, then a TScrollingWinControl, THEN a TScrollbox.  Any help would be appreciated.  I am updating the LCL to CVS.  The code can be found in FORMS.PP
Pick a class and add code to it, or add the underlying code into gtkobject.  I don't care which, but we NEED this to get the editor working.....

CVS is updated.  Post your changes as soon as they are made.....

Thanks
Shane

>>> "Shane Miller" <SMiller1 at stvgb.org> 10/18/99 01:59PM >>>
Looks like we need a TScrollBox component.  We could use the gtk scrolledwindow
I'll look into this and let you know if this can be accomplished easily.

Not sure if this class would be the best one to use.

Shane

Shane Miller wrote:

> I like the idea of using the same editor.  However, aren't our classes and
> implementation so different that it would require a lot of work?

We could create a special class which has to be implemented differently
for each IDE, but all other classes can be the same. This class would
have methods for:
- changing the current color and font style
- drawing text
- clearing a rectangle
- drawing the cursor
- clipboard support
- Keyboard handling

All the drawing stuff should not be pixel based, but character cell
based, so it can be used even in text mode IDE's.

Regarding this abstraction class: Either we create an interface class
(class which contains only abstract virtual methods), or we use include
files for the different implementations.

I have attached the latest KCL SHEdit widget source (15 kB); this source
won't compile without changes as it would require an unreleased version
of KCL. It has clipboard support, but there is a tiny bug when you try
to undo and redo a 'paste' operation.

- Sebastian