[lazarus] Editor

Curtis White osiriz at teleport.com
Tue Oct 19 22:19:26 EDT 1999

On 19-Oct-99 Shane Miller wrote:
> Curtis, here are the changes I have made up to this point....
>

> Issues:  TShortCut should be moved to Classes instead of Menus.pp (IMHO)

In Delphi, it exists in menus.pas. That is why I put it there.

> Added ....
> FShortCut to TMenuItems.
> Procedure SetShortCut(Value : TShortCut);
> Proceure MenuChanged(Rebuild : Boolean);
> property ShortCut: TShortCut read FShortCut write SetShortCut;
>

> function shortcut(Key : Word; Shift : TSHiftState) : TShortCut;   (added as a
> lone-function.  Not part of a class.)
> Proceudre ShortCuttoKey(blah blah blah);
> The code for these are at the end of Menus.pp

Great. That will really help. These are a couple of the shell functions that I
just blocked out with the MWE_LAZ_FIX_LATER define :-)

> Added a bunch of virtual keys intro windows.pp

Great. Now we just need to figure out how to deal with these virtual keys in
Linux :-)   I thought about this a little bit and we might be able to create a
conversion function that we pass in a virtual key (VK_F1) and it returns the
proper value that should be used in Linux. This function will need to call out
to the gtkint units because it will be different on each platform. Any
other ideas how we can deal with virtual keys?

> Problem:  How do we deal with typeinfo?  Not sure what to do with

That is a good question. I'm not sure yet either. Can we just do it as a Record
or something? I don't know.

Curtis