[lazarus] Editor

Shane Miller smiller at lakefield.net
Tue Oct 19 22:36:42 EDT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Curtis White <osiriz at teleport.com>
To: lazarus at miraclec.com <lazarus at miraclec.com>
Date: Tuesday, October 19, 1999 7:23 PM
Subject: Re: [lazarus] Editor

>Yes, I sure did. I setup a define called MWE_FPC. I also created one called
>MWE_LAZ_FIX_LATER. For things that need to be fixed later, I am putting
them in
>this. Then we can just define MWE_LAZ_FIX_LATER and we will find all the
things
>that need to be fixed in order to make it work. I am doing this first
because I
>just want to get it to compile. Then we can work on fixing the missing
pieces.
>At the top of mwedit.inc, I also defined one called VER90 enclosed in and
IFDEF.
>This forces it to compile in Delphi 2 mode. Basically, here is what I added
>mwedit.inc:
>
>{$DEFINE MWE_FPC}
>
>{$IFDEF MWE_FPC}
>  { Uncomment the following line when ready to find things that
>    need to be fixed for Lazarus }
>  //{$DEFINE MWE_LAZ_FIX_LATER}
>
>  {$DEFINE VER90}
>  {$MODE OBJFPC}
>{$ENDIF}
>

>If you all want me to check in what I have so far, I can do that. But there
are
>several units and it still doesn't compile yet. But I am getting closer. I
have
>several of the units compiling now.
>
>Should we create a directory somewhere in the lazarus path to put this
editor
>in so it isn't mixed in with the other lazarus code?  Then when we get it
>working, we can combine it with the other code. If you all want me to do
this,
>let me know and I will create a directory and check it into CVS. Otherwise,
>will just keep working on it to get it to compile. It's up to you all..
>

>Curtis

I say create a directory called components, then a subdirectory uder that
called mwedit so it looks like this

fpc----
         lazarus----
                         components---
                                                  mwedit---

Then add all the files into the mwedit directory.  Now before adding them, I
am right to assume you haven't changed ANYTHING in the mwedit code except
adding those defines right? (except for somevar = type word;)  Because I
have stuff compiling and I only changed that one thing.  If you didn't
change anything then go ahead and add it.  I'll pull it tomorrow and get
cranking on it.....
Shane Miller

Get paid to surf the net!
http://alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=DEX-870